- Do not give because someone tells you to.
- Do not give because you are afraid someone will get mad at you if you don’t.
- Do not give because it is the only way someone will love you and/or accept you.
- Do not give just to be manipulative and hope to receive something in return.
- Do not give for the sake of your ego being stroked.
So what I am saying is…all these reasons are done out of fear…fear of rejection, fear of being alone, fear of not being enough, fear of feeling worthless.
Giving is not about fear.
- Give because you want to!
- Give because its what your heart wants to do!
- Give because its the right thing to do!
- Give because it brings you joy!
- Give because it brings genuine joy to another (my emphasis on genuine)!
- Give because the Holy Spirit prompts you to!
Perhaps you have more of give/do-not-gives to add to this list?
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not be afraid.” John 14:27